The IIMS CONFERENCE 2019
Date:- 20th November 2019
Theme:- Maritime & Offshore Insurance 2020
Venue:- Queen Elizabeth 2, Dubai, UAE
Time:- 9:00hrs-18:00 hrs(Lunch at 13:00 hrs)
Speaker 1 & Topic- TBA
Speaker 2 & Topic- TBA
Speaker 3 & Topic- TBA
To book in for this event email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Affiliation Opportunity with IIMS, download pledge form now.
Click here to download Pledge form
The International Institute of Marine Surveying UAE Branch is pleased to announce details of the next Annual General Meeting.
The event will take place at:
Ramada Jumeirah, AI Mina Street, Dubai
Date: Wednesday 18th January 2017
Time: 19.00 hours onwards Continue reading “IIMS UAE Branch Annual General meeting agenda”
Three members of IIMS based in Dubai were nominated for awards at the recent IIMS Silver Jubilee Awards for Excellence in Marine Surveying. The ceremony to present the awards was held in London.
Capr Delzin Irani
Finalist in the Rising Star category
The nomination for Delzin read: ‘Delzin stepped ashore in 2015 and has taken up surveying as a profession with Constellation Marine Services with dedication and outstanding performance. In order to further develop his managerial skills, Delzin has embarked on an executive MBA with evening classes conducted every alternate week with the support and co-operation of his present employer’.
Continue reading “IIMS members from UAE branch named as Awards finalists”
The September edition of The Report Magazine has been published by IIMS and is available to read online in pdf format or using the e-reader. Follow this link: IIMS Report Magazine
Highlights of this issue include:
• IIMS 25th Anniversary Conference and AGM. Full report and photos
• RNLI marine surveyors helping to save lives at sea
• Debunking the myths of the safety management system
• Why enhancing your standards as a surveyor really matters
• Verified Gross Mass – new regulations
• The hidden dangers of carbon monoxide afloat
• Synthetic (Composite) Rigging – An introduction
• A comparison of lashings for heavy lift cargoes
• A marine surveyor’s report on the new ‘Insurance Act 2015’
• A day in the life of Paul Homer
The IIMS UAE Branch rand a successful one day seminar on 19 September, the title of which was ‘Practical Guidelines to Cargo Surveying in the Middle East’.
There were a number of first class presentations given on the day and the seminar, held at the Dubai International Seafarer Centre, attracted a good turnout of delegates.